Monday, December 22, 2008

A visit to Santa




The boys went to visit Santa yesterday at a quaint little toy store here in Kingwood (On the Park). A real life Santa visits every year and donates his time & money for good causes.
This year, Gabriel ran right up to him and showed him his Buzz (B) Lightyear. I figured he would be balling like last year, but not this time. He saw how brave Nicholas was and followed big brother right up to sit in his lap.
For a couple of weeks now, Gabriel has been a pain in the rump every morning while trying to get out the door to school. Nicholas told him that if he didn't behave, Santa was going to bring him a bag of "rocks" for under the tree. Yesterday, as I was busy paying Santa's elf, I looked over and saw Gabriel having a long conversation with his new best friend, Santa. This sweet little conversation between them both was priceless. I have no idea what was said, nor do I know if Santa understood every word, but I did catch a line that Gabriel did say. It was this classic line that I will never forget, "here is my B, and no rocks please!" It was the sweetest thing and I think inspite of all those mornings I was cursing under my breath for him to cooperate, that Santa will bring him those presents after all.....Merry Christmas my little boys!

No comments: