Sunday, August 24, 2008

My sweet Kindergarten boy...




Well, today was his first day at "big" school. Last night I was thinking back on all those memories of him as a little boy. And now he is growing up! Nicholas enjoyed his class and loves his teacher, Mrs. Cahill. She really is a great match for Nicholas and her personality is loving, fun & very similar to mine. I asked Nicholas what he liked about school today, he said " well, we got to go outside to recess, and I got to be the restroom monitor. I had to tell Mrs. Cahill which kids were talking." Besides from being shy, he really had a fun day. I asked if he will go back tomorrow and he said, "well, I guess. I really had fun, especially at the YMCA!" Nicholas goes to the Y after school for an hour until I can pick him up to hang out in my room.
And another day tomorrow..we are both looking forward to it. Here are some pictures from today- if you notice one where he is bent over to the side, Jaime took this one because it resembles all the "first day of school" pics my mom took of me when I was young..I was always posing w/ hands on hip!

No comments: